Today we celebrate “National I Want You to be Happy Day”, which gives each of us the opportunity to brighten someone’s day through simple acts of kindness and selflessness. As such, Dowda highlights our dear and lovely friend, Julie, who is an amazing local hospice social care worker! We brought her a plant and homemade cookies, bought her coffee, and best of all brainstormed with her on ways to make OTHERS happy!
“So many of us have so much love for our seniors and their families, especially our Dowda team! We want them ALL to be happy!! (And, everyone is always happier at The Local Cup coffee shop!)” – Jen Dowda
ABOUT “NATIONAL I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY DAY”
Genuine happiness takes effort. While we’re not individually responsible for others’ happiness, we do play a role in spreading joy and good cheer. One way to do that is to see happiness from another person’s perspective. Happiness doesn’t fit a mold. Everything from being a morning person or a night owl, a favorite season and seafood can make or break a person’s general idea of happiness. A person’s overall journey through life gives them a unique outlook on happiness, too.
Here are some ideas on how to observe “National I Want You To Be Happy Day”
- Start the day with a happy thought and carry it with you throughout the day.
- Make someone smile. Give a flower or tell a silly knock-knock joke there.
- Buy the person’s coffee standing in line behind you.
- Remind your kids how much you love them.
- Leave a sticky note for a co-worker telling them to have a spectacular day, a happy day.
- Draw a happy face in the snow for a stranger to come across later. Give someone a hug.
- Consider someone else’s happiness from their point of view.
- Use #IWantYouToBeHappyDay to post on social media.